Thursday 25 February 2010

Successful and Unsuccessful projects

Successful Project: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (2009)

Call of Duty Modern warfare 2 has become one of the most successful project of all time, generating of $550 million in its first 5 days of sale. One of the reasons why it has become so successful is the success of its predecessor and its promise to build and improve on the original modern warfare games qualities, which has been somewhat achieved. However there are some that say certain aspects of the original game should not have been tampered with and a few of the new additions have taken away from the overall experience of the game and in particular the multiplayer aspects of the game. Aside from these criticisms the game has been well received and in my opinion deserves its success.




Unsuccessful Project: Going Overboard (1989)

Generally considered as Adam Sandler’s worst film, Going Overboard was always going to struggle with success receiving terrible reviews and not being able to capture any interest from a very limited audience this film was doomed to failure. Not even Adam Sandler fans enjoy this film with a lot of them posting terrible reviews on sites such as imbd.com. After watching the film myself I felt as if a small part of my life had been stolen from me and that I would never be able to get it back, I couldn’t even laugh at how bad the film was never mind the terrible and badly delivered gags, which if anything made me gag. This film is one of the worst I have ever seen and deserves to be as unsuccessful as it is if not more unsuccessful.



Jack Farrell

No comments:

Post a Comment